Distilled water is a crucial component for many industries, including healthcare. However, the United States is currently facing a shortage of distilled water, which is causing problems for sleep apnea patients who rely on it for their CPAP machines. In this article, we will discuss the causes of the distilled water shortage, its effects on sleep apnea patients, and how one company, Aquapap, is working to provide a solution.
Causes of The Distilled Water Shortage
- The demand for distilled water has increased in recent years due to the growth of industries such as pharmaceuticals, power generation, and healthcare.
- The process of distillation is energy-intensive, which leads to higher production costs and shortages.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has also contributed to the shortage, as people stockpiled supplies, including distilled water.
Effects of the Shortage on Sleep Apnea Patients
- Sleep apnea patients rely on distilled water to humidify the air in their CPAP machines, which helps them breathe comfortably while they sleep.
- Without access to distilled water, sleep apnea patients may experience dry mouth, nasal congestion, and other uncomfortable side effects.
- In some cases, patients may not be able to use their CPAP machines at all, which can exacerbate their sleep apnea symptoms and lead to other health problems.
The Solution Provided By Aquapap
- Aquapap is a company that specializes in providing distilled water for CPAP machines.
- They have implemented measures to ensure that they can continue to supply distilled water to their customers, despite the shortage.
- Aquapap also offers delivery services, which allow patients to receive their distilled water supply directly to their homes.
Benefits of Distilled Water
- Distilled water is pure and free of impurities, which makes it ideal for use in CPAP machines.
- It is also sterile, which helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold in the machine.
- Distilled water also helps to prevent mineral buildup in the machine, which can prolong its lifespan.
How CPAP Can Help Sleep Apnea Patients
- CPAP therapy is a highly effective treatment for sleep apnea.
- It works by providing a steady stream of air pressure through a mask, which helps to keep the airways open during sleep.
- CPAP therapy can improve the quality of sleep, decrease daytime sleepiness, and reduce the risk of other health problems associated with sleep apnea.
Aquapap is a company that ensures that sleep apnea patients are not affected by the distilled water shortage by providing them with a reliable and consistent supply of distilled water for their CPAP machines. They are providing delivery services to make it more convenient for the patients to get their water supply.
Distilled water is a pure and essential component for CPAP therapy, which is highly effective for the treatment of sleep apnea. With the help of Aquapap, sleep apnea patients can rest easy knowing that they will have the distilled water they need to use their CPAP machines effectively.
Alternative Solutions for Sleep Apnea Patients
- Sleep apnea patients who are unable to access distilled water for their CPAP machines may consider alternative solutions, such as using tap water with a filter or a water chamber humidifier.
- However, it is important to note that these alternatives may not be as effective as using distilled water and may also require more frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Another alternative can be using a heated humidifier with a built-in water chamber that can be filled with tap water. This can help to reduce the mineral buildup in the machine, but the humidifier should be cleaned regularly to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.