Not everyone is fluent with the language of diamonds, considering how rare people buy diamonds for important occasions. Whether it’s a ring or a diamond riviera, buying the best diamond set for a loved one is not an easy decision. With hundreds of unique designs and customisation available, looking for diamond jewellery in the Australian market can be a cumbersome task.
With Australia’s jewellery market reeling from the impacts of the global pandemic, jewellery sales are expected to resume depending upon the latest fashion trends. Part of this can be attributed to the rise of the e-commerce sector in the country and online sales and purchases regarding precious metals and gemstones, diamonds being one of them. However, there are certain things that customers need to look into first before investing a significant amount of their money into buying a diamond ring or a diamond riviera:
- Be Fluent In The Specifics: Read up on a diamond’s cut, the clarity, its colour and carats, as these are specifics that determine the quality and price of a diamond in the market. A customer that doesn’t know or isn’t fully aware of these parameters is at risk of being duped by buyers. Although the carats determine the weight, the cut determines the sparkle of a diamond and is an essential factor in giving a diamond it’s magical glistening. Those who have budget constraints are recommended to get lower carat diamonds. Additionally, compare the prices with other jewellers to get a good grasp of the price range.
- Certificate And Proof Of Authenticity: Before hitting a shop, ensure that they have all the certificates and documents ready to prove their authenticity. The shop must be registered under Australian law, and all its imports and materials must be from legal traders with the proper paperwork that shows the diamond specifications. Certificates help protect the interests of the buyers and will give them an upper hand in case there are problems and misinterpretations in the agreement. Never settle for anything less.
- Have A Talk With The Jeweller: It’s always beneficial to get an appointment with the jeweller and select a diamond ring or design based on their opinion. Although they work for the brand and their interests are always leaning towards their company, they can still offer valuable insights that can help the buyer make an excellent choice in terms of budget. Jewellers can help choose the best options according to the likes and preferences of the customer. Also, always ensure that you see the diamond and feel it personally before finalising the buy for those buying online.
- Don’t Rush: It’s not every day that people get to buy diamond jewellery, so don’t rush into the purchase and instead take all the time needed to reach the perfect decision. Partners’ opinions, feedback from other shoppers, reviewing designs and looking through all the best products will take a significant time, so buyers should be patient. It’s better to explore and choose a design rather than rush in and make a wrong decision. Remember, a lot of money goes into buying the product, so treat it like an expensive investment.
- Don’t Forget Other Minor Details: Buyers get so engrossed in buying the diamonds that they forget other important details like the setting of the ring or necklace design. Go for something simple that suits a personal style. Additionally, take care of the insurance policies and read through all agreements and policies before finalising the purchasing decision. This helps prevent any unnecessary confusion on both sides down the road.