It is a dream of every computer professional to work for a top reputed name like Google. However, securing a position at such a prestigious organisation is only some people’s tea. Google receives over a million job applications yearly, but only a few are selected, making it an extremely competitive dream. But with a BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) degree, you take your first step towards that dream.
A three-year bachelors’s in computer application program provides a foundational understanding of computers and the systems necessary in an IT company. The BCA course has gained popularity in India. It has even greater demand in international markets, including the US, offering a wide range of job opportunities for BCA graduates in MNCs. With a BCA degree, you can pursue careers in software engineering, systems engineering, computer security, animation programming, or engineering, among others.
[Also read: exciting career options after BCA]
Steps to Take After BCA for a Job at Google
Once you complete your BCA program i,e, bachelor in the computer application program, there is a good chance that you will get placement. But if you want to search for a better job opportunity, follow these steps.
- Self-reflection: After completing your BCA program, reflect on your skills, interests, and goals. Ask yourself questions to help understand your history and identify what you’re looking for in a job at Google.
- Resume: Create a job-specific resume for each position you apply for. Align your skills and experience with the job description, and include data to support your qualifications. Keep it short.
- Job Searching: Research the company and teams at Google. Get a sense of who they are and what they are about.
- Cover Letter: A cover letter is not required, but if you include one, tailor it to the job you’re applying for and draw a direct line between your passion and the position.
Job in google after BCA
At Google, the positions demand creative and unconventional thinking. Individuals with high imagination always analyse both aspects of a problem, utilising the information they acquire to create solutions and strategies others may not have thought of. The BCA job in google company are as follows-
- Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer
- Cloud Engineer
- Developer Programs Engineer
- Technical Solutions Specialist
Skills Required for a Job at Google After BCA
Securing a job at Google after completing a BCA degree requires a combination of technical and non-technical abilities. Technical skills encompass knowledge of Networking, Google App Engine, problem-solving, HTML, HTTP, OpenStack, troubleshooting, and open-source technologies. On the other hand, soft skills refer to personal attributes such as customer support, interpersonal skills, time management, and others. Both sets of skills are equally essential to excel in getting a role at Google.
Google also allows several internship programmes, and as an intern, you are an integral part of the Google team, actively participating in problem-solving from the get-go. As a technical intern, you eagerly look forward to confronting challenging technical issues.
Google offers internships worldwide, encompassing various areas such as Software Engineering and User Experience. Keep an eye out for it.
Expected Salary for a Job in Google After BCA
A BCA graduate at Google typically earns an annual salary ranging from ₹10-11 lakhs. However, this figure can fluctuate depending on various factors, the most significant being the college from where they completed their BCA degree.
Interview question for google jobs for BCA freshers
In a Google interview, expect to use a whiteboard to demonstrate your answers to questions about logic, programming, and algorithms. You will also have to answer behavioural questions. Here are some examples of Google interview questions:
- Which Google product do you like the most, and how would you improve it?
- What’s the difference between coding and programming?
- How do you ensure accountability?
- Explain a time when you set and accomplished a goal.
- What does DEADBEEF mean?
- Can you explain the two-sum problem and how many solutions exist?
- Could five minus two equal four? If so, how?
- How would you explain programming and programming languages to a 10-year-old?
- How many ways can you find all the triplets in an array of n distinct elements with a sum of 0?
- Write code to determine if an array has a majority element, and if so, print it.
[Note: The questions above are a collective of inputs from people who attended Google interviews. It does not assure repetition.]
Best BCA colleges in India:
|BCA Fee Structure
|The candidates must have completed 10+2 with a maths-related subject, such as Mathematics, Business Maths, or Statistics, from a recognised educational board.
|₹1,46,820 for three years (₹48940 per year)
|Gaya College, Gaya
|To be eligible for the program, students must have passed their (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
|₹60,000 for three years
|The Parul University in Vadodara
|To be eligible for the program, candidates must have passed 12th grade in any stream with English and Maths or Statistics subjects or have passed 10th grade.
|₹60,000 to ₹2,40,000, depending on the BCA specialisation opted
|To be eligible for the program, candidates must have passed the Gujarat H.S.C./CBSE/ICSE Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination from the General or Science stream with English as one of the subjects.
|₹54,920 per annum for the Regular Category, ₹90,340 per annum for NRI Sponsored/Special Category
|Ewing Christian College in Allahabad
|To be eligible for the program, candidates must have passed the Gujarat H.S.C./CBSE/ICSE Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination.
|₹41,000 per year (₹1,23,000 for three years)
If you really want to work at Google, make sure you focus on learning from day one of your BCA course. Only with hard work and perseverance you can join the ranks of talented individuals at Google. And, to make sure you get exposure to the industry-focused courses and training programs, enrol in a Sunstone-powered BCA college. With Sunstone, you will also get exposure to thousands of jobs from top recruiters.
What is the future scope of BCA?
BCA is an applied course that introduces students to the IT industry. Once you complete your BCA, you can get jobs in the field of computer application. Both the private and public sectors hire BCA graduates, and they offer an average salary of ₹2.6 lakhs per year.