The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) exam is one of the most popular entrance exams for getting MBA admission in management institutes. The All-India Management Association (AIMA) is the governing body of MAT. It is a national-level entrance exam, like CMAT & CAT. Therefore, aspirants who dream of pursuing management courses like MBA and PGDM can sit for MAT. Interestingly, a significant number of colleges and institutes started considering MAT exam scores for admission into their management programs, making it one of the most popular entrance tests for management courses. Since the exam is conducted four times, aspiring candidates should increase their preparation for it. In this article, aspirants can find vital information about the MAT 2022 exam, such as the exam dates, application fees, and notification.
MAT exam 2022 schedule: Dates
The MAT exam is held in four sessions every year, i.e.., February, May, September, and December. The applications for MAT 2022 sessions are not open yet. Candidates can apply for all the sessions through online mode only.
Candidates can appear for the exam either offline or online mode. Candidates looking forward to appearing for the February session can check the dates given below for reference.
Paper-based Offline Test (Tentative)
- Applications start 1st week of January.
- Last date of application 1st week of March.
- Release of Hall tickets 2nd week of March.
- Date of examination 2nd week of March.
- Results March/April.
Computer-based Test (Tentative)
- Application begins January 1st week.
- Last date of application February 3rd week.
- Release of admit cards 4th week of February.
- Date of exam 4th week of February.
- Results March/April.
Notification and other crucial information
The official notification for MAT 2022 will be released shortly. Therefore, appearing candidates need to check the official website regularly for this matter and other important details. When the official notification gets released, candidates should visit the AIMA official website and read the instructions prudently.
How to register and apply for MAT 2022?
- Go to the official website of AlMA.
- Click on the ‘Online Registration for MAT 2022’ (any session).
- Tab the ‘New Registration’ option.
- Fill in the required information like name and other crucial details.
- Press the ‘Submit’ option.
- Finally, select/click the ‘MAT 2022 Application Form’, be it February or another session.
- You can download the application form and fill it with accurate information.
- Now, review your application form and press the submit option.
It is important to note that one cannot apply for the MAT 2022 exam without possessing the essential eligibility criteria. In addition, aspirants must meet the established standards to appear for this particular exam. The MAT eligibility conditions include the following:
- Educational Qualification: Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an approved university or institute.
- Age Bar: Currently, there exists no age limitation to sit for MAT.
- Students who are appearing in the final year can also apply for the MAT 2022 exam.
- Several attempts: Aspiring candidates can sit for this exam multiple times since there is no limit on the number of attempts.
Unlike other management entrance exams, there is no special exemption for reserved category applicants. All candidates are required to pay the fee set by the AIMA.
- Candidates who wish to appear for both PBT and CBT MAT 2022 exams must pay Rs. 2650/-.
- To sit for either PBT or CBT MAT 2022 exam, candidates must pay Rs.1550/-.
- Applicants can pay the examination fee only through credit cards, debit cards, demand drafts, or net banking and then click the submit tab.